In this post, we’ll see how to add the Microsoft Bot Framework’s template to Visual studio’s New Project dialog.
Follow the below steps to add it to the New Project Dialog.
- Download the C# VS template from here. It will be a zip file. Keep the zip file as is.
- Open the folder location where Visual Studio looks for User Templates.
- Copy the downloaded template into the C# folder. You can choose to paste it directly or create a folder and then paste it into that. Creating a folder will help in having the template in a more organized fashion in the New Project dialog. In this case, I have created another folder Bot Applications and pasted the zip file into it.
In the image above, you can see the folder I have created and in the bottom part of the image, you can see the zip file that I have pasted into that folder.
- Now, close all open instances of Visual studio and reopen VS again. Click on New Project and you should see Bot Application section and the corresponding template added.
- You can now create your Bots!
Hope this helps!