I was deploying a web application on a server and I encountered an error when I browsed the website from IIS. The exact error page is given below:
This was the page shown to me on the browser.
Enabling Server roles and features in Windows Server 2012:
- Go to Server Manager. Click on Manage on the top-right.
- Click Next in the “Before you begin” view.
- In the “Installation Type” view, select “Role-based or feature-based installation” and click Next.
- In the “Server Selection” view, select the server from the list below and click Next.
- In the “Server Roles” view, scroll down, expand “Web Server“, select everything in the “Security” sub-section.
- In the “Application Development” section in the same view, I selected the below roles as they were sufficient for my requirement. After selecting the below, click Next.
- .NET Extensibility 3.5,
- .NET Extensibility 4.5,
- ASP.NET 3.5,
- ASP.NET 4.5,
- ISAPI Extensions,
- ISAPI Filters
- In the next view (Features), select everything in .NET Framework 3.5 Features and .NET Framework 4.5 Features. Then click Next.
- In the Confirmation screen, click “Install“.
This would install all the required features and server roles in the server. After installation has succeeded, close the wizard, reset IIS (optional) and try accessing the application again in the browser. The issue should be resolved and you will be able to access the application.
Hope this helps!!